Sorry. You need to upgrade your browser

You are using Internet Explorer 8

This is considered an out of date browser. This website has been developed with modern browsers in mind to allow it to display at its best in a wide variety of viewing situations - including mobile viewing. But we haven't supported older browsers like IE8. Please upgrade to the latest version of Internet Explorer - or try Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Both are excellent browsers.

Thank you.

Travel and transport

Roberts Travel Group have changed the name of our school transport service to Passenger Travel Solutions and Consultancy Services.


Whilst the name has changed, the services they provide will remain the same.


The school bus pass applications for the next academic year (2023/24) are now open on their new website, and they are contacting all of their current customers by email to advise them.


Their new website is 


Bus passes


  • ensure that your child has a valid bus pass to show the driver otherwise they may be refused travel.


  • do show your bus pass to the driver every time you travel. All secondary school students are issued with bus passes. If you have been issued with a pass and you cannot show it, the driver may refuse to carry you. You should discuss with your parents what to do if this happens.
  • the bus pass is not valid if defaced or damaged and its misuse may lead to the holder being excluded from the transport. Photocopied or scanned copies of passes are not acceptable in any circumstances and if detected are likely to lead to the holder being excluded from the transport. You have a responsibility to get a replacement pass as soon as possible.
  • if your pass is lost, stolen or damaged you can obtain a temporary pass from reception (at break or lunchtime only - not at the end of the school day as the buses will not delay leaving to wait for a student) which will allow you to travel home and give you time to obtain a permanent replacement pass. There is a charge of 50p for a temporary pass and only two will be issued to any student in one academic year. Parents will be notified when a temporary pass has been issued. 
  • for a full replacement pass, reception staff at school will be able to issue you with a form to complete and send off to Leicestershire County Council. There is a £10 charge for a replacement bus pass.

For some frequently asked questions, CLICK HERE.


Leicestershire County Council - Safer Travel Team

We work alongside students, school staff, bus companies and parents to help create and maintain a safe and trouble free environment with regards to the operation of school transport at Ibstock Community College.

We deal with all issues that may arise from and during school transport. This encompasses such issues as anti-social behaviour and bullying, checking of bus passes and the promotion and enforcement of safe travel.

Our aim is to ensure that your child is as safe as possible on the journey to and from school. By providing them with the knowledge of potential dangers and how they are expected to behave we hope to promote a sense of responsibility for their own safety.

Safer Travel have an online reporting form where pupils, parents, school staff, bus drivers and members of the general public can report any concerns with regards to behaviour and safety issues on any of the county’s school buses.